TiVo Bolt+ Repair/Recovery Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Bolt+ Repair/Recovery Options

After exchanging the original unit within warranty because of one of the infamous noisy fans, my replacement Bolt+ finally kicked the bucket after a little more than three years, while my Roamio Plus keeps plugging along. Based on what I’ve read about the Bolt’s (lesser) quality and how frequently the unit would freeze and have to be restarted, I can’t say I’m surprised.

I’m getting the flashing lights of death, so it looks like either the hard drive or power supply has failed. Because the unit has lifetime service/an all-in plan, I’m considering sending it in to be repaired (replace the internal 3T HD and/or power supply). If the issue is the hard drive, is there any possibility of recovering the data? I’ve seen some different answers in the replies and was hoping (probably foolishly) that I might be able to recover some of my saved programs.

Thanks for your help!

I'm curious if you got your issue resolved. Was it a power supply, hard drive or other issue? Did you use a 3TB HDD purchased from Weaknees, or a regular notebook 3TB HDD? Regular notebook drives will not last long in a DVR, and Weeknees is the only place you can get the correct drive from. I'd love to hear what the problem was. Thanks!

Comment

Just an FYI, we don't have the 3 TB laptop drives in stock anymore. If you find one, make sure it's not an SMR drive.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X