Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I move specific shows from the old to the new unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I move specific shows from the old to the new unit?

Hello,

I own a TIVO 14TB Bolt and ordered a second one because of the upcoming Olympics. One unit will be in the living room, and the other in the main bedroom. Can I move specific shows from the old to the new unit?

At present, there are two of us sharing the existing TiVo. I want to separate the shows so the master bedroom has the series I watch and my better half has the ones he recorded on the living room unit.

Thank you.

Yes - if both TiVos are on the same account, same network, and same OS version, you can move shows. Be aware that moving shows is fairly slow.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I find hope in your reply, but I am unsure how to accomplish the copying.

I thought I would start learning how to copy between two TiVo Bolts by using our existing two TiVo Bolts. I quickly realized it is not similar to watching from his Bolt (e.g., on the show's menu).

Concerning the requirements you provided, my son has a 1 TB Bolt. He can play shows from my 14 TB Bolt, and I, conversely, can watch shows residing on his Bolt. They are on the same subnet using the same TiVo account, but I don't know about the operating system version.

So, how do I copy between two Bolts on the same subnet and the same account? (Oh! Do they need to be on the same subnet or the Internet somewhere?)

Thank you again for giving me your time to resolve my issue

Comment

Please see TiVos site:

https://tivoidp.tivo.com/tivoCommuni...language=en_US
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, but the instructions on the webpage directed to by the URL don't work for me.

I go to TIVO.com and log into the system. I go to manage, but there isn't any option there to transfer recordings. The only option under manage is to rename the unit.

I tried the TIVO application and again failed to find anything about transferring shows under manage.

I must not understand the instructions. I get lost on step 1. It is a knowledge not obtained ned by the reader.

Thank you
          Last edited by bmoshier; 04-28-2024, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X