Watching/Recording with TiVo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching/Recording with TiVo

How will I view and record on the SA 8300? I accidentally found a way last night, but then it stopped responding. I think it was via the DVD button.

Is there a special setup, e.g., should I find a way to hook it up as if it were a VCR or DVD player?

Thanks

No, there's no way the SA 8300 can record from a TiVo or vice versa.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Hmm. My concerns are more about accessing my recorded shows. And I do read about people using BOTH TiVo and their SA8300s to record different programs.

It wasn't my plan to do that, but actually, now I can record 3 shows at the same time (but probably view none <weg>

I got in somehow, and played one of the recorded shows from the HD8300. However, it was through TiVo, and Tivo was recording it as I played it--as if it were on live TV (so the time was limited).

I'm not sure how I got there and how I was able to access my SA menu, bit I did do it again this morning (after doing yet another guided setup) and it might have been from clicking on Live TV.

I just want to know how to do this without inexorable time invested in trial and error research and SOPs that have already been done.

Comment

Right - different programs are fine (or even the same program), but the TiVo can't control the 8300, nor vice versa.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hmmm. Okay.

Do you know how to view SA83000 in TiVo?

Comment

I misspoke. Actually, Tivo records the show I'm playing in SD8300.

It doesn't record it to save (hmmm. I wonder if it could. I'll try that), it records it as it is playing and I can rewind on Tivo.

Comment

Need a switchbox

I'm getting up-to-speed on the 8300 and TiVo. Apparently I need a switchbox, because my analog TV (5 year old Samsung cheapie) only has one red and one yellow RCA in plug.

It has been confusing to me AND the TiVo! Both record real-time and that's a problem since there's interference with the scheduled recordings!

So, today, I'm off to buy a switchbox today!

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
              X