Poor signals from legacy ports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor signals from legacy ports

I am running two D10 SD receivers off of two of the legacy ports on a SWM8. On both of these the signal is not good. On one of the D10's I get audio and video stuttering. The other D10 has what looks like RFI lines running across the screen, almost like an electric motor is running on the circuit; although there is nothing but a DVD player and the TV on that circuit with the D10. I don't use the two D10's much, one is in my guest bedroom and the other is in my computer room running to an old XP Media Center computer (this is the one that stutters). Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Sounds like it could be grounding. Do you have everything, including the SWM, grounded per the instructions included with the SWM? If you are using surge protectors or other similar devices, have you tried eliminating them temporarily to see if anything changes? It also could be bad coax.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Sounds like it could be grounding. Do you have everything, including the SWM, grounded per the instructions included with the SWM? If you are using surge protectors or other similar devices, have you tried eliminating them temporarily to see if anything changes? It also could be bad coax.
      I do have everything grounded, per installation instructions.

I have not tried eliminating the surge protectors...

Since the coax is the same as was used prior to my SWM install, I don't think the coax is bad. The D10's worked without a problem before installing the SWM. I did add a couple pieces of coax to jump from the drop box outside my house to the SWM...I suppose I could have messed both those cables up?

Comment

Cables going into the SWM could be a problem, but should affect both legacy and SWM ports evenly.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X