Ah! need help with new directv install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah! need help with new directv install

Hey Everyone, I just want to say thanks in advance.. hopefully someone out there can help me with this. Let me tell you (to the best of my knowledge) how my installer set me up. I currently live in a condo, and had my Directv installed last week... so far.. awesome. I ordered it with the HD DVR and a regular HD receiver. The installer put up a new dish, I think the slimline 5? and from it, ran 3 coax lines into my house, 2 of those are plugged directly into my DVR and the other 1 is plugged into my other receiver...I don't think there is a SWM installed at the dish, and my config setting at setup just shows multiswitch. Thats all fine and dandy, but I am getting ready to rewire a couple more rooms in my house and want them to be ready for future satellite access. I really just want to check to see if this will be possible. I have a room in my condo that I can use as a central access point. What kind of equipment do I need to buy to allow for future access to 2 more rooms (possibly with DVRs, if that would even be possible, if not thats ok)... and any help you can offer would be great! If you have questions, ive probably left a lot out, so ill respond asap.
    Thanks again! Sorry, if this may be in the wrong area, if so let me know, and ill move it.
    Last edited by jfreggie; 01-03-2009, 10:51 AM.
Working...
X