Jitter, stutter, and Pixelation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jitter, stutter, and Pixelation

Just bought the external hard drive expander - and installed without a hitch. However am getting the same pixelation and stutter issues others have been getting. Halts and pauses roughly every 30 secondas or a minute making everything unwatchable. Disconnect the hard drive and everything runs fine. Anybody find a solution? Or will I need to return this. It's not a power supply issue.

Q

What size drive did you order? What model cable box do you have?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

8240hdc - 500gb. for what it's worth - The hard drive looks very pretty - But once again still pretty much unusable because of the stuttering.

Comment

I really don't think we've seen this with 500 GB drives at all. Email us at [email protected] with your order info and we can figure out what's up and try a swap-out.

Comment

I too recently added a Western Digital My DVR Expander 1TB External Hard Drive WDG1S10000VN to my Cablevision 8300HD (SARA) DVR. Seems to work ok, except I am getting the frequent stutter, pixelation, etc.. which is really making it annoying. Problem with the drive? Anything I can do?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief9401 View Post
            I too recently added a Western Digital My DVR Expander 1TB External Hard Drive WDG1S10000VN to my Cablevision 8300HD (SARA) DVR. Seems to work ok, except I am getting the frequent stutter, pixelation, etc.. which is really making it annoying. Problem with the drive? Anything I can do?

Same problem here. Got a 1tb expansion drive (Order #853376) and attached it to a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC running Mysto. The stuttering is just so irritating.

Will a UPS clear up the issue? Should both the DVR and the expansion drive be on the UPS?

Just ordered a UPS, hoping that it will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by VVitug View Post
              Same problem here. Got a 1tb expansion drive (Order #853376) and attached it to a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC running Mysto. The stuttering is just so irritating.

Will a UPS clear up the issue? Should both the DVR and the expansion drive be on the UPS?

We hope so, but tell us how it goes.

Comment

Did not work!

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                We hope so, but tell us how it goes.
                Initially connected only the expansion drive to the UPS. The stuttering improved slightly but was still persistent.

Decided to plug in the SA 8300 to the UPS also. It did not get rid of the stuttering instead it resulted in a different set of issues. Some programs would not be recorded completely and there was a time when the SA 8300 would not respond to the remote control. Has to pull put the plus to reboot the SA 8300.

Don't know what to do at this point.

I am considering returning the expansion drive if the stuttering problem does not clear up.

Will I be able to return it? What do I need to do?

Comment

Wait - so it's worse with the UPS now, overall?

Are you sure you set up the UPS correctly? Did you connect the battery inside?

Comment

Battery was connected

Yes, I did. I even tested the battery by plugging in a lamp to the UPS then pulling out the plug connecting the UPS to the wall. The lamp stayed on for quite a while.

Comment

I really don't have a good guess here. Those results with the UPS are very strange. Maybe it's defective, despite the lamp test? A lamp isn't really sensitive to the steadiness of the power, like an IC.

Comment

Problems

Well I installed the 1T drive and lots of stutter and Pixilation. I did not notice a fix that worked so????

Comment

What are you plugged into? Where are you? What model cable box do you have? How old is it?

Comment

A brand new UPS solved my stutttering issue, however ...

Originally posted by VVitug View Post

The brand new UPS solved it beautifully and it worked perfectly since then. I plugged in both the DVR and the expansion unit into the new UPS.

Sorry I was not able to post an update.

Today, however, I changed over from Time-Warner to Verizon Fios and my DVR is now a Motorola 7232. Could I use my 328E S-u2eS expansion drive on the Motorola?

The specs on the Fios website state that the Motorola can use a Western Digital WDBACS0010HBK-NEV2. The drive on my expansion unit is a WD10EURS. Can I just plug it in?

If it will not work on the Motorola, what can I use it for? Hate to waste a good 1 tb drive.

Thanks

Comment

The following FiOS TV DVRs are compatible with the weaKnees external, from what we understand:

Motorola QIP 7216
                              Motorola QIP 7232
                              Cisco CHS 435 HDC

Comment

Working...
                              X