Thread: Dvr Help

Default Dvr Help

I have one of these DVR's i believe made by Thomson Consumer Electronics. What all is required in using it? Do i need service or would it be usable with standard tv? I just got given this DVR along with a SDDVR40 and a SDDVR80. My initial plan was to use WinHEX and make the hard drives usable with a computer. However im open to suggestions.

Yes, you would need service through DIRECTV in order to use either of those DVRs.
    That's all there is to it!

In that case would you like any of the pieces? All i am going to use are the hard drives. By the way there is footage on one of the dvr's, the ultimateTV one, that i would like to try and retrieve. Should i try winternels recovery consule? or how would you approach it?

No thanks to the parts. And unfortunately, your programming would only play back from within the original unit itself.
    That's all there is to it!

well then i guess all i can say is: One mans trash is another mans treasure, scrapped the cases salvaged the fans and the hard drives, 2 40gb hd's and 1 80gb hd, the rest is junk.