Lost Ability to Change Channels on DirecTV H20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Ability to Change Channels on DirecTV H20

I upgraded to a DirecTV H20 Receiver (without DVR) in June. It worked well with my existing Series 2 TIVO DVR with zero difficulties for about 1 month. Then on July 23, TIVO lost the ability to change channels using the IR Blasters. The DirecTV box does not have a serial connection. I have moved the IR Blasters in every conceivable configuration. I taped the IR Blasters on a long piece of cardboard -- six inches in front of the box. Nothing works. I have called Tech Support several times and they have been unable to help. They did send a new IR Cable and it does not work. Tech Support has given up and suggested that I get a H10 Box from DirecTV

The DirecTV remote changes the channels with no difficulty. I have taken the DirecTV box apart and cleaned the outside and inside of the IR Lens. The inside was cloudy, but cleaning it has had no effect.

I am using IR Code 10074-C. I have tried A & B as well.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

Sorry to say, we've seen a lot of problems with TiVos changing channels on H20s. You should take a look over here for a complete code list. Beyond that, consider an integrated DirecTV HD DVR.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X