Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rca Error #51

Hello,
    I have moved a 250GB drive from a dead DVR40 to another. I don't have any DVR function, but the season pass and to do list are there.
    When I go to the now playing list I get a hardware error and need to contact RCA and report error 51.
    I was told by Dtv tech support that the only solution was to do the 3 hour reset(format?) on the drive.

Do I have any options to save the data?

Reason for error #51

Hey, I found this at the TIVO Community
    "captain_video
    Advanced Member

quote:It means you put a drive that was originally in one DTiVo into a different one.

More than likely it means that you used a backup image from a different Tivo and restored it to a drive you (or someone else) installed in your Tivo. The Tivo service numbers recorded in the software no longer match up with the info encoded on the mainboard which is why you get the hardware error #51 message. A Clear and Delete Everything will certainly take care of the problem but I find it's faster and easier to use the 51killer.tcl script."

Comment

Well, that script is really something we don't work with or recommend at all, but the idea is right. The OS is serialized to the other unit, and you need a "clear and delete everything" to reserialize the drive to the new unit.

DirecTV does this to prevent moving copyrighted data from one unit to another.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X