Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried?

I have a Series 2 that I just upgraded with an 80GB "add" kit from WeaKnees (doubling capacity). After installation, I powered up the unit. It only got as far as the "Welcome! Powering Up . . ." screen, where it hung indefinitely (I gave up after 10 minutes). Before digging back in to troubleshoot, I tried the "easy thing" of pulling the power, and then restarting. This second time, it worked fine!

I'm very computer literate (I've built computers before), and I am confident the install is correct. I also double-checked all cables, so I am confident none of them are loose. Should I be worried that there is something defective? Right now, I am!

Note: the one thought in the back of my mind is that I clearly heard the second (primary) drive kick in by the PowerTrip the second boot-up. I wasn't paying close attention the first time, but I think I would have noticed it after hearing it. Could the PowerTrip be defective?
    Last edited by rdlm; 08-25-2007, 01:51 PM.

With no replies to my post, I send my response into WeaKnees support. I very quickly received the following response that I'm posting here for general knowledge distribution. Seems a bit odd to me, but... ?

-----

You cannot presume anything from this experience, actually. We have seen it a number of times. Inexplicably, the unit gets stuck at Almost there or powering up, but on a reboot, it is fine. This can happen even with the factory drive.

Comment

We stand by that response - if you don't have further problems, you should be all set.
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X