Audio Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Problems

I have a series 2 Tivo brand single tuner (model 540040 I believe) that developed an odd audio problem over the weekend after working fine for almost two years.

It will no longer either record audio or allow audio to be played through it in 'live TV mode'. There are some older recordings that play back normally. I also noticed that some of the shows recorded over the weekend were not complete it had only recorded about five minutes of video, some of which was pixilated and the rest just jumped forward through the program.

I Spent over an hour with tech support, we went through various trouble shooting procedures and could not come up with a reason for the problem. The suggestion was to get a new unit.

Do you have suggestions as to what it might be?

Hard to say. Could be software corruption. Could be that the unit is suddenly recording new programming in digital. Have you repeated guided set-up?
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Yes I went through the guided setup, and a number of system resets.

I've done some more testing and believe its in the Tivo's tuner. I ran the cable signal through my vcr and into the Tivo using video inputs and the sound is working.
      Last edited by watsont79; 09-06-2007, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Then you'd need to contact TiVo for a motherboard repair at this point. If you don't have lifetime service, then you should consider just getting a new unit.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X