Problem playing transfered videos after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem playing transfered videos after upgrade

I just recently upgraded my one Tivo, a Series 2 40hr (TCD540040), to a 250gb hard drive. It was actually a re-upgrade, so it was just the settings transfered. Anyway, I want to re-upgrade my other Tivo too (Humax 80hr), but I want the recordings from that one, so I'm transferring them to the other Tivo. So, the problem is that when I try to play the transferred videos (both while the show is recording or after it finishes), the Tivo becomes unresponsive to the remote. It will sometimes respond after a few minutes from pressing a button, but most times it ends up restarting itself. There is no problem with playback of programs recorded from cable, and my other Tivo has no problems playing back the programs I transferred or even if I transfer a program to it from the other one.

So, any idea why this is happening? And, I don't think it has to do with the drive, as it has done this same thing when I tried another drive and the problem is limited to only Tivo to Tivo transferred shows.

So it becomes unresponsive and/or reboots only during transfers? That might be a network issue. Are you going wired or wireless?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

It's wired right now. It's not freezing up but I can't control it when playing shows that came from the other Tivo, and it usually ends up rebooting when I play them.

It doesn't seem like a network problem because it doesn't do this any other time except when I try to play one of the shows that has been transferred or is currently transferring. I can unplug the network and stop all current transfers and it will still do it.

Edit: I just tried transferring a show back to my other Tivo and it played fine. Could there be a software problem with the non-Humax Tivo? When I think about it, I've never actually tried watching a transferred show on this Tivo, only transferred shows from this one to my other, which have never been a problem, so I wonder if this Tivo has always had this problem?
      Last edited by rkcstr; 09-10-2007, 11:40 AM.

Comment

It's possible, but it's pretty unlikely. If you can use the shows on one unit, and you can transfer the other way and that works, that makes a drive problem pretty unlikely; but then again, I don't have a great answer at that point, sorry to say.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X