Reset problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset problems.

I have had an upgraded disk drive installed in my Hughes Series 2 Directivo unit for over a year now (and love the additional space!). However, my unit has suddenly started to reset itself at odd intervals for no apparent reason - and usually without anything unusual taking place other than viewing a stored show. I understand that this may be due to hard drive issues. Is there any way to test for this (other than sticking the original disk drive back in and seeing if that stops this)? Just want to be sure it is the disk drive and not any other components before getting a new drive or box. Thanks for any help!

We could get the drives here and test them, but that takes time and costs money, and you'd need to send the drives here which isn't always easy if you don't ship items on a regular basis.

We'd recommend choosing your model from our TiVo upgrade page and ordering a "replace" kit. Your symptoms really are pretty clearly a bad drive, and this is the fastest and easiest way to get rolling again.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X