Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Series 1 - Philips pv100 upgrade problems

Hi there -

I just upgraded a Tivo Philips ptv 100 with 2 160 gig drives from weaknees. (I'm keeping it because it has a lifetime service contract.)

Anyway, I removed the original harddrive and installed the 2 new ones.

The green power light comes on, both drives are on, I put my hand on each one and felt each one vibrate, the fan comes on, but there is no visible output from the tivo.

All the connections have been checked, unhooked, rehooked, etc. However, nothing seems to happen.

This is what I have done to test it:

- I connected both drives a and b (nothing happens - no output from tivo)

- Disconnected drives a and b

- Reconnected original hard drive -(Works fine with old drive. Tivo starts, gets to main menu, plays a show.)

- I reconnected just the new "a" drive by itself. (Tivo sees the drive, there is an output to a screen but it never gets past the, "almost there - just a few more seconds" screen, without going to hash on the tv screen about 30 seconds later. Then the green power light on front of Tivo goes out - and it forces itself to restart. Again I get the "almost there - just a few more seconds" screen then goes to hash. It does this over and over. I let it go about 10 times. Same thing happened every time.)

I reconnected a and b drives again together this time. Same result as the first time - no output. Nothing. Zip.

I tested both drives' power cables and both data cables. They both work fine with the old drive.

Thoughts?

Am I missing something? (The instructions with the upgrade kit simply say plug it in and relax and enjoy tivo.)

Thanks,

Matt
    Last edited by hoyem; 09-22-2007, 02:16 PM.

You won't be able to connect only one of two drives in a kit and have your TiVo work. I believe you emailed us this same set of questions, and we had some questions back for you about your installation.

Comment

Working...
    X