HR10-250 OTA digital breakup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 OTA digital breakup

I have an HR10 and we've had great luck with it so far.

Recently, recording OTA HD programing nearly all of the recordings have excessive digital break up, much of it so bad it's unwatchable.

When recording HD over the DT dish we rarely have an issue, although it has happened.

Is this a known problem? Will a reset fix it? Is this actually in the recording or is it some kind of buffering issue in the unit?

Any advice would be helpful, were loosing some season premiers we really wanted to see!!

CP

Is it possible that this is due to the reception quality? Have you tested your OTA signal strength? If you rewind portions of the bad areas, is it exactly the same the next time?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

OTA signals issue

Thanks for the reply Michael,

Yes it's the same each time you playback a section, must be recording that way it would seem.

How do I test OTA signal strength?

Have you heard of this issue before? We seem to be in a great signal area according to the anntena web site. I haven't noticed issues with watching things live.

Thanks, Carlos

Comment

We've seen it from time to time.

You can check your signal strength from your Settings menu (Off Air Antenna). You should be getting in the 80s on the frequencies that correspond to your channels. To get a cross-reference list, enter your zip code here:

http://www.antennaweb.org

Comment

I'll check it. Is re-orienting the antenna useful in those cases you've come across?

I did antennaweb before we decided on the unit and it showed us in a great signal area.

Comment

Yes - definitely. Setting the right antenna angle is pretty key. If you use antennaweb, figure out which direction you need to get the majority of your channels, then point the antenna that way. If you can have someone in front of the screen doing signal tests while you aim the antenna you should be able to get a significantly better signal.

Comment

Working...
            X