Tivo HNS Model HDVR2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo HNS Model HDVR2

I have recently(dd.11/13/2007) solved a major problem with my HDVR2, by changing the drive with the Hughes HDVR2 TiVo Upgrade Kit -300gb hard drive (rs300hdvr). Everything went smoothely; however, I have a problem with one of the servers "searching for Satalite 2" whereby the pixel breaks up and the warning flashes on the screen.

I checked the cable into the recorder and they are perfectly secured. When I switch the server within the Tivo recorder unto the other server using "live Tv" button on my remote, that particular server works exceptional; however, the screen occasionally flashes with the message about Satalite 2. I removed the TIVO recorder, connected the DirecTV DVR Plus recorder and it worked perfectly, without exhibiting the message on the TV screen -- "searching for Satalite In2."

Therefore could any of the Satalite In jacks (female) be bad; if so, can anyone replace them? Since it's searching for satalite In2 and the pixel breaks up as you would normally witness in poor weather and obscured satalite receptions, what could be the problem and how can it be corrected?

Your expertise and knowledge would be grately appreciated!
    Thanks
    Last edited by bravostgc; 11-19-2007, 03:23 PM.

That most likely to be a bad tuner chip on the motherboard for SAT 2. It's something we can fix, but it's a board-level repair, not screw in part. Contact us by email for more info and details: [email protected]
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

My apologies Michael. I am sorry that I was tardy in re-visiting to find your response. However, I went ahead and changed out both cables from the outside junction and re-secured the connectors, and the problem was resolved. I am extremely greatful for your time and knowledge.

Comment

Glad it's working!
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X