Toshiba SD-H400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba SD-H400

Hi, I just became the owner of a used Toshiba SD-H400 DVD/DVR combo via Ebay. After unpackaging the unit (the item description said the unit was working perfectly, but now will not respond to my emails.) I ran into snag. When I plug the unit in, it powers on, then shows the Just a Few More Minutes screen until it finally brings me to the guided setup screen. At this point the unit becomes unresponsive to any button presses from the remote or the buttons on the unit itself. The unit doesn't show any LEDs or lights on the screen (not sure if this is the correct behavior). The background is still animated so I'm not sure if its some problem with the input or some other part of the unit. I don't have a land line at the moment and I'm not sure if that could also be a problem.

Is there anything I can do?

It sounds like you might have a bad faceplate. You get no lights on the front at all? Does the DVD tray open when you press the faceplate button to open the DVD?

Comment

Nope, nothing at all. The power button doesn't even turn the unit on or off.

Comment

Sounds like some decently major problems with that unit. If you paid by PayPal, work on getting your money back first thing.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X