HDR212 power supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR212 power supply?

I have problems with my upgraded HDR212 unit where commands from the remote are not processed, and other times the Tivo pauses itself with increasing frequency.

First my Tivo...

I replaced the original hard disk a while back with a pair of 80gb 7200rpm disks using InstantCake. I also added a TurboNet card. life was good for years in this configuration.

In the last 7 months I started seeing occassional problems where the system would pause itself every 25 minutes. It would happen after weeks following a reboot. Over time, the problem worsens to every 30 seconds.

I also started seeing problems with the Tivo freezing (actually that's not right... the LED goes yellow and it stops taking new commands). It still records scheduled programs. I just cannot do anything with the remote. The problem seems to be brought on when I am paging through program listings or other interactive behavior. I have 2 other Tivo and Harmony remotes in other parts of the house. They also cannot get the Tivo to respond. I reboot the Tivo and everything is good... for a while.

I've hidden the remotes, swapped them out, moved the tivo to another room.
    I've also replaced the hard disks with 2 new drives (200gb 7200rpm) that I reimaged with InstantCake.

I am certain that it is not a problem with remotes, and that it is not a problem with the hard disks. I'm fairly certain that it is not a problem with overheating... the unit is always cool. I can't imagine that its programming -- i've done nothing to customize it beyond the hardware changes. (drives and TurboNet).

The inconsistancy where it works fine for days, then freezes... leads me to think maybe the power supply is acting up. Maybe it was brough on by the extra draw from another drive, faster drives beyond the original 5400rpm drive, and the TurboNet card.

Is this a good theory?
    Anyone have an alternative idea?

If this is indeed a Power Supply issue -- does anyone know of a compatible PS with larger rating to handle my load?

Thanks for the help!

SteveG

Tivo1 - 400gb/TurboNet
    Tivo2 - 400gb/wireless
    TivoHD - 750gb/wireless

You also emailed this same exact post. We replied by email.

Comment

Working...
    X