Bad Harddrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Harddrive?

I installed a new 140 hd for my HDVR2 unit.(4 days old) The picture occassionally freezes on playback and the control also freeze. On Live TV I get a broken freeze type picture. I have to unplug to reset. Does this sound like I have a bad replacement drive?

Possibly, but was that same thing happening on your old drive?

Comment

Bad hard Drive?

Yes it was, I also checked the satellite inputs into the two tuners. SAT 1 shows 100% and SAT 2 shows 85-93%. I also swapped the input cables to see if the cable were bad but both cables on SAT 1 showed 100%.Could it be also the tuner or the input? If so what are my options?
      Last edited by allenc; 12-06-2007, 10:39 PM. Reason: left out part of message

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention that the screen shows "searching for signal in satellite 2" and I ran a quick system test and the signal to SAT 2 was very low

Comment

If you go through setup and tell the TiVo you have only one tuner, does the problem go away?

Comment

I can't tell, the problem is intermitent and appears to be more prevelant in the 200 channel range. I did run set up again but the problem still exsists. I still get searching for signal in sat 2 at times

Comment

If you went through setup properly, you would not get that searching message, because you would have told the TIVo you have only one tuner.

Comment

The searching for sat 2 signal is now gone and I have not seen any pixel distortion today. But now instead of two tuners, I have only one. Hard drive or tuner problem? Does weakknees work on tuners?

Comment

We can fix tuners. But did you redo Guided Setup and tell it you only have one now?
                  Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes I did. It was OK when it was set to one tuner, and when I redid the set up for two tuners, the searching for sat2 returned, the pixels broke up in the 290 - 293 channels and the hard drive rebooted by itself. I am starting to think I have more then one problem. I received a return # for the HD to have it checked out by you, but can I send the whole unit and have you check the drive and if its OK, work on the tuner? Is it worth the trouble?

Comment

My guess is that you have a tuner problem and that the drive is fine, but we'll see. You can use it with only one tuner, or you can email us for a quote to get it repaired.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Having the drive checked. Got a qoute to repair tuner

Comment

Working...
                        X