Audio & Video Sync Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio & Video Sync Issues

I have had a TiVo S3 unit for about 1 year and within the last few months I have occasionally been experiencing severe audio & video synchronization problems that are really annoying. It does not matter if the program is live or recorded. I have tired, without success, all the TiVo suggestions for correcting this problem but nothing works. Is any one else having this problem or know of a cure?

What type of connections are you using? Are you going through a receiver, or is the audio going into the TV?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I installed it about a year ago and I am using the optical output connected to the receiver. It has worked fine until a few months ago when the A-V sync intermittently started getting real bad.

Comment

Try HDMI right to your receiver and see what happens. The problem may be your AV receiver.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a HDMI input on my receiver or speakers on my TV so I can't try what you suggested. I also simultaneously use the audio and video outputs from the S3 to feed another TV in the house and that TV also has a the same lip sync problem which leads me to think its the TiVo box, not the receiver. I had no lip sync problems for serveral months after receiving the S3 but then is started intermittently and from time to time it really get bad. Have you seen this problem with other TiVo units?

Comment

We saw that once in some older model, but we really haven't seen it in years.

What cables are you using to that other TV?

Comment

In addition to the HDMI and optical outputs, I have the analogue audio and video outputs connected to a RF modular which feeds another TV in the house. I have high-quality cables throughout my system, including new cables coming from the Comcast drop outside.

FYI, I purchased the S3 with a 750GB drive installed last January from WeaKnees.

Comment

And this happens on all of the cabling methods?

Comment

Thanks for trying to help. Sorry for the delay in responding but I have been on vacation. Yes, the lip sync problem is on both output of the S3 box regardless of the cabling method.

Comment

This has happened twice to me. I have a TiVoHD, connected by HDMI to the TV (Sony 40XBR4) and by optical to the receiver (my receiver is old and I do not use it for video switching). When I noticed the out-of-sync problem I reduced the receiver volume and turned up the TV's own sound and it was equally out of sync. So the sound to the TV via HDMI and sound to the receiver via optical were the same, making it seem that the problem originated in the TiVoHD.

I don't remember if I changed channels to see if all channels had the same problem. The most recent time was at the beginning of the Super Bowl pregame show.

I don't remember what I did, other than maybe power the TV and receiver off and on, and hope for the best, but the problem went away.

Comment

Working...
                    X