Tivo HD doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo HD doesn't work

I have Tivo HD - around 15 months old. It started sticking - sometimes freezing on the Tivo menu screens, sometimes giving me a gray screen in the middle of a program, sometimes stuttering even on live TV. I ordered a replacement hard drive from you guys which I installed today but it won't go past the Welcome - Powering up screen now. After a few seconds the screen goes black, the LED display disappears from the front of the Tivo then comes back again and the Welcome screen comes back. Bizarrely, when I reinstalled my old drive just to check that got past the powering up screen, past "a few minutes more" but then froze on the red screen with the little Tivo symbol in the corner. I can't even switch to live TV and the remote control buttons do nothing.
    Any ideas?

Sounds like you might have a TiVo Series3, but maybe you ordered a drive for a TiVo HD. The Series3 units start with TCD648 and the TiVo HD units start with TCD652. Can you check? That would explain at least part of this.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

You're right - I do have a series 3 since the no. starts with TCD648. I went with what it said on the instruction book (Tivo HD) rather than looking at the serial no. Can you exchange the hard drive we ordered or do you think the problem may be something else?
      Thanks, Nicky

Comment

Send us an email; we can deal with your individual situation that way.

Comment

I sent an email yesterday but have not had a reply - can you confirm you received it please?
          Nicky

Comment

You should have a reply by now.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X