HR 10-250 won't power up even after replacing PS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR 10-250 won't power up even after replacing PS

I have an original HR 10-250, which would occasionally refuse to power up. This would occur when power was just turned on (such as after a power outage or equipment move where it was unplugged). By not powering on, I mean it has no lights and no video out at all. The fan turns though.

At first this would be periodic. Usually just unplugging it and plugging it back in would work. Once it was powered on I never had any problems with it; it stayed on solidly for months at a time, until either an extended power outage or I unplugged it. It has always been on a UPS too.

The problem eventually started getting worse and worse. Sometimes I'd have to unplug and replug it in many times before finally the power lights would come on. Well, the last time there was a power outage, I could simply no longer get it to turn on, except for the fan.

So, thinking it was the power supply, I ordered a brand new power supply from weaknees. I just received it, installed it, and I still have the same symtoms. The fan will turn on, but nothing else will. No lights. No video.

So what do I do now?

Pretty strange - but it sounds like you might have motherboard issues.

Have you tried it with the drive unplugged?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I tried unplugging the hard drive completely, both the power connector and the IDE cable. I still get no lights or video of any kind. The fan does turn on though.

I inspected the motherboard carefully and did not see any blown capacitors or loose connectors. If there anything else I can check? I'm experienced with electronics and can check voltages, etc.

So if it is the motherboard then what are my options. I assume I just can't buy a replacement mb? And what about the power supply I bought, which I guess might not have been bad all along?

Comment

You can return the power supply if it's from us, within 30 days.

If it's the mobo, then you really need a replacement unit, sorry to say.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X