No announcement yet.

Philips DSR7000 Dead. Can it be saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philips DSR7000 Dead. Can it be saved?

Hello all,

I am desperately seeking advice for my Philips DSR7000. Over the past month or so it had been acting quirky. Choppy video and freezing up at times. At the time, I thought of it as more of an annoyance than anything else. Well the problems mounted when it also began having a blank screen at times which would require us to unplug the unit and reboot to get it working again. Finally, this morning I awoke to discover the horror of the unit being seemingly totally dead. No picture, no lights, no sounds, nothing.

From what I have been able to gather while perusing the forum here is that the choppy/freezing things seem to indicate a failing hard drive, while the blank screen would indicate a failing power supply. Am I correct?

Does it being totally dead indicate that both have simultaneously failed?

Any help and or suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you.

It may be that both have failed, but you should try a power supply first. Often, in the beginning stages of power supply failure, other problems arise. But then, when the PS completely dies, it's obvious:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-power-supply.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Just ordered the power supply. Hopefully it works. (Fingers crossed).

Comment

I just installed the new power supply and it's still completely dead. No lights, no noises, nothing. Looks like I'll be taking the hit on the return fee. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Pretty strange. Are you sure the white, flat cable is securely connected at both ends? Sometimes, one end goes under its connector. And you shouldn't be seeing any of the silver contacts on either end if it's fully inserted.

Comment

I believe everything is securely connected. I'll have to check it again in the morning.

Comment

You may have a bad motherboard, but this really all sounds exactly like a power supply issue.

Comment

I rechecked the connections. The flat cable is securely connected with no silver showing. Still no response at all from the unit. I take it that there is nothing left to do but return the power supply and look into a replacement?

Comment

Sorry to say, that's right.

Comment

Working...
                  X