Series 2 DT 80 Hard drive question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 DT 80 Hard drive question

Well recently my wife's TIVO DT Series 2 started to do the reset 3-4 times a day. I tried to do the TIVO diagnostics (kickstart feature) and now the screen is stuck on the "Tivo has discovered a serious error and will try to repair please come back in 3 hours....." Well now it's been 12 hours later and it's still stuck. I tried to reset and start another diagnostic but I think it's hosed now. Pretty positive the HD was on it's way out and this process kicked it out of the door. The big question is this. I recently replaced the orig HD from a Series 2 80 with the upgrade 160 gb HD kit from weaknees for a TCD540080. Would this HD work to place in the Series 2 DT TCD649080? as they offer the same upgrade double capacity but is the HD preloaded with anything for the model? Just curious if anyone knows or can answer this. Either way since there was an active rebate offer for Series DT right now I ordered an entire replacement for now (Wife is desperate.) and if I can't move the New HD I purchased I'll later just order a double capacity one for the broken Series 2 DT and keep my Series 2 160gb as a spare.

Sorry, but a drive from a TCD540080 will not work in a TCD649080 unless it is first reprogrammed. If you want to use it as a second drive, you'd also need a new drive bracket.

You can email us if you'd like our help with the testing/programming and/or the bracket.

Comment

Working...
    X