Tivo Glo Remote programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Glo Remote programming

I have older series 1 Tivo's with lifetime subscriptions and don't want to upgrade to newer units but I recently bought a Proscan flat panel TV and could not find a code to operate the power or other functions with my Tivo remote. It was suggested I buy the Tivo Glo remote because it had a learning function and could program the unit with the TV's remote. It worked fine for several months but the remote malfunctioned and when I contacted Tivo's CS they sent me a replacement.

That was fine but try as I might I could not get the new unit to accept the codes (the first one did but I have a feeling the new unit had a different programming method). Of course there were no instruction that came with it and their website's instructions were incorrect, at least not complete. After playing with the remote for a few hours I discovered the trick. As the instructions indicate, you have to press and hold the Tivo button and the select button for about 3 seconds but what they don't say is that you then have to tap the function you want to program on the Glo first then aim the TV remote's IR to the Tivo's IR then hit the corresponding button on the TV's remote.

I hope this helps others solve the dilemma.

Thanks for the note. I did find some updated instructions on the TiVo website here that may help.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks, Michael. I saw that page but I was so frustrated by the difficulty in programming the remote that I missed step 2 and didn't realize that it was there until you just mentioned it. Duh!

Comment

Working...
      X