Series 3 HD Tivo rebooting spontaneously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 HD Tivo rebooting spontaneously

i have a WK series 3 with 100 hours. it has been rebooting on it's own. part way through a show it will start to stutter, freeze and then reboot.

the unit is probably 1.5 years old or more.

is a hard disk failing? what should i do? this has been going on for several weeks. no better no worse.

Carl

That's almost definitely a bad drive, but it could be a bad CableCARD, too. Likely, though, if you haven't changed CableCARDs recently, it's a bad drive.

Does it have an extended warranty? If so, just email us. If not, replacement drives are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/s325.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

we recently moved and it did start to happen after the move. i don't remember exactly if it was immediately after the move or later. it was at least close to the time we moved. i also had trouble with the cable cards and they had to come out a couple of times until i was receiving all the channels.

how do i check to see if it is the cable cards?

Carl

Comment

Try using it without the cards for a bit and see if the problem ceases.

Comment

what happens when i take out the cable cards? won't i lose all ability to record and then i won't know if the cable cards are causing the problem?

Carl

Comment

You'll lose the ability to record encrypted shows, but not "basic" cable, and not any HD from an antenna.

Comment

Working...
            X