Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Video-Just white lines

My D-Tivo is not puting out video all the sudden :-(

I tried switching the RCA Cables. I tried going direct from the Coaxal Out to coaxal in on the tv. Still these white Jumpy lines. Can still hear the audio. Just no picture.

I ended up draging out one of my "regular Direct-tv box's from a bedroom and hooking it all up for the fight tomorrow night(all Works)

I have had this unit for about 5 years and just replaced the hard drive(2x) (from Weaknees) a few months ago.

Is my Unit dead? Repairable? I really dont want to swith to a d-tv dvr :-( I still have my 2 "tivo-stuffed" dolls from when I bought one of the 1st standalones(Holding unit in my closet just cant give it up)

Model Hughes HDVR2.

*I did Notice also when I removed the satalite IN Cables - they were HOT- is this normal?

Sorry to say, that sounds like a fried motherboard. We have replacement bare units (no drive) here:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Ordered Bare-Box

Ok- I went ahead and ordered a Bare - Box - Same model Yesterday (Figure safer then buying used on ebay-at this point + 3mos warr! ) ,

I saw another post though where someone wants to take their HD and move to a new box, because their Mother Board went out. In a Reply there it is says you have to re-format the drive etc.

Will I be able to just Move my Drive from my Broken one to my new one

Also on my other question- was it strange that the Satalite "in Cables' were so Warm? or is this Normal?

Thanxs Donnelle.

Comment

You'll have to do a "clear and delete everything" once you put the drive in the new box. Otherwise, you'll get error #51 (hardware error).

Warmth doesn't sound too bad on those cables. The whole machine radiates heat a bit.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Over My head? "Clear & Delete"

Maybe Im getting over my head :-( I thought I could just take out the drive
          I just got a few months ago and put it in the new unit(same model)

clear and delete everything < What does this mean? will it come up when I power the D_tivo up- or do I have to hook up the Hard drive to a PC etc??

If that the case then I'm over my head and a bare unit maybe not a good idea - I ordered it yesterday- maybe its already in transit

Comment

It is an option in the TiVo's System Reset menu, which is in the Messages and Setup menu of most TiVos.

Comment

Ok- Got it now

Ok- Understand now - Sorry I got a little worried . To bad though it erases all the Movies/shows I had on there.. guess I need to not let my lists get so big or go out and get a dvd recorder to

Thanxs again, Ill let ya know how the install all works :-)

Comment

Working...
              X