ivo Series 2 re-booting issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ivo Series 2 re-booting issue

I am new to this Forum, and allways read the valuable information the folks have provided. My Tivo has started to give me problems lately and here is where I am. I have a Tivo Series 2 (model TCD540040) with a Maxtor 300G drive and a lifetime service. It would take a while to respond to a given command. Them it started to re-boot every 15 or so minutes. I had a new Maxtor 120 G. drive that I was going to upgrade my second computer and used it to replacing the existing Tivo drive. Transfered the old info to the new drive and powered up the System. All well but the commands were still slow (not as with the old drive). I had a second Tivo box (same model) and proceeded to swap the power supply. Same problem continued. I also "Restart or Reset System" and still it re-boots continuously every 15 or so minutes. So, is my motherboard done? if so, what can I do regarding the lifetime service? Any suggestions as to what my issue(s) is/are? Thanks for your help. Joe

It is possible that you have a bad motherboard, yes. You might want to give TiVo a call.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I will call Tivo and see what they say.

Comment

Working...
      X