R10 boot / video issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R10 boot / video issues

My office Direct Tivo just locked up twice today. When it locks, the video just goes to snow. (It looks like I'm on a regular OTA channel where there is no signal.) I've reset the system and each time after the powering up / almost there screens the video just goes back to snow. (I never get to the 0 - 100% satellite screen.) I can't get it to finish booting at all. Is that a sign that the HD has croaked or is there another issue with the R-10. I forgot to mention that the light turns RED and stays RED after the unit goes to no picture.

Thanks

D

PS. On the off chance it is a drive. I upgraded my other Tivo with a new drive from Weaknees, Can I swap in the old drive from my other D-Tivo or will that not work?

Thanks
    Last edited by wrinkled; 07-09-2008, 06:22 PM.

How are you connecting from the TiVo to the TV? Are you using composite (red/white/yellow) cables? You should try those instead of coax/rf...it will tell a lot more about the 'snow'....

Comment

Jeff,

Coax. I just switched from COAX to the RCA cables and the same thing happens. There is no snow with the RCA's just a black screen. (See Below)

Here is the sequence...

1. Start up D-Tivo R10
      2. Powering up screen appears...
      3. Just about there screen appears...
      4. Video output goes away totally.
      (RCA cables yield a black screen. If I use the coax the output is just snow. Kinda makes sense since coax output is on channel 3 vs. a video input for the RCA cables.)
      5. Ready light goes from green to off.

Dave

Comment

Ok, Now I'm confused...

My six year old walks up and asks what the problem is. Yea Right I"m thinking... He picks up the remote and hits the menu button. The menu pops up, the light comes on and the system test says everything is ok...

Still confused... Its acting like the unit is going into standby on boot up. Possible???

The really funny thing is that last night the unit was recording what it was supposed to. Again, no video during the multiple reboots.

D
        Last edited by wrinkled; 07-10-2008, 02:37 PM. Reason: change

Comment

Sure sounds like it is going into standby. You should take it out of standby, then pull the plug and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
          X