Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week signal turns to no Power Led

I have a Direct Tivo DVR 40
    I have been having trouble with the SS getting week in the last week. First the SS looked like the dish was just out of kilter. However everything worked except a lot of drop outs. Today I spent an hour trying to get the SS up to no avail. I still could play pre recorded shows. Then I started seeing the not subscribed message. So I rebooted and it gets to about 70% loading and never completes but I could still watch pr recorded. The subscribed and not activated started showing good then bad etc. So I rebooted again and 2 or 3 times it would get to 70% or so and never finish. On the last reboot I did not see the power led. I pulled the unit and the fan is running, the HD is running. I checked the HD voltages and they are ok. I see the Digital audio red led blinking. I checked the LNB ports for Voltage and get nothing but a few MV. I checked some voltages on the MB and get voltages but not knowing what is where I cant go further.
    Has anyone heard of a PS going bad this way? or do you suspect the MB. Any other checks I can do. To verify the PS. or does anyone know where I can get a schematic? I don't have another PS to replace this one and would hate to buy a new one if its the MB.

thanks

Are you getting the problem on both sat tuners, or just one?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Are you getting the problem on both sat tuners, or just one?
      Jeff:
      Yes it was both tuners and just to be sure I swapped out the LNB
      Right now I cant get anything, No power led and no video.
      I pulled the unit and the fan is running, the HD is running. I checked the HD voltages and they are ok. I see the Digital audio red led blinking. I checked the LNB ports for Voltage and get nothing but a few MV. I checked some voltages on the MB and get voltages but not knowing what is where I cant go further.

Comment

No power at all on the front usually indicates a bad power supply. It could be more, but you should at least consider trying one. If the PS doesn't help, you can return it, subject to the return policy (on the weaknees website).

You are really not likely to find a schematic, and doing all of the testing is going to take a lot of time and may not prove particularly reliable.

Comment

Jeff:
          I didnt realize I could return it. Thanks I will order one.
          Since it has 12v and 5v but no LNB power it could be the PS.

Comment

Working...
          X