Series 2 problems and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 problems and questions

I have a stand alone tivo 2300040. I've been seeing that when I go from watching a program that is recorded back to the main menu, it takes 5-10 seconds to go to the menu. It seems very laggy. I turned on my TV tonight and the tivo was black screened. I attempted to unplug and reboot the machine and it is only powering up.

From what I've seen in the FAQ's is that my upgraded drives might be failing or have failed. I'm really not certain. The box has lifetime service. Is there a way to bring it back to life an get my performance back? Is it worth it with the HD conversion coming? I think I need some serious help.

That's almost definitely a hard drive problem. A "replace" kit for your model should fix the problem:

http://www.weaknees.com/at23.php

If you have lifetime service, you can currently buy an HD TiVo and add lifetime service to it for $299.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      That's almost definitely a hard drive problem. A "replace" kit for your model should fix the problem:

http://www.weaknees.com/at23.php

If you have lifetime service, you can currently buy an HD TiVo and add lifetime service to it for $299.
      I tried to plug in my old 40 gb hard drive. It is still stuck on the gray 'welcome powering up screen'. Is that still a hard drive issue or do I have another problem? I believe the other hard drive was working when we swapped it out.

Comment

Still sounds like a bad hard drive, but do you have another IDE cable you can try?

Comment

The only cable I have has one of the pins blocked out so I plugged the cable in the other direction and it doesn't work. I'll try to get one tomorrow.

Comment

Tell us how it goes.

Comment

It turned out to be a bad power supply. What I couldn't figure out was why the original drive wouldn't work in the machine since I hardly used it. Someone on another forum mentioned it could be the power supply especially running 2 hard drives for 6 years. New power supply and everything's happy.

Comment

Working...
              X