Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tivo disk corrupted - any way to recover recordings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo disk corrupted - any way to recover recordings?

My Toshiba SD-H400 (series 2) Tivo recently hit a problem where it would restart immediately after the gray powering up screen. I tried another drive, first using mfsbackup/mfsrestore from my original drive, and when that had the same problem, I tried using mfsrestore from a backup I made a couple years ago and my Tivo is back up and running.

So it looks like I have some sort of corruption on the original disk my Tivo came with, is there any way to mount that my Linux PC and attempt to fix it? I found some references to a kernel patch for Linux that allows it to see the Tivo partitioning but the links I found were dead, and even if I can see the partitions I'm not sure what filesystem the Linux installation uses on my Tivo.

I probably won't be able to fix the issue, but I figure it worth a shot. I could compare the OS files with ones from my recently restored (and updated to the latest 9.3 just like my original disk) and maybe find the problem.

I had recorded the final two rounds of the British Open the weekend before last that I didn't have a chance to watch and I really would like to see!

Thanks! -Dave

Sorry to say, we really don't know of any method of doing that that has even a partial success rate . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X