new hard drive causes ext 726 from DTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new hard drive causes ext 726 from DTV

I replaced my hard drive a month or so back with a new drive from Weaknees. According to DirecTV the receiver ID is now a mismatch and I'm getting error 726 and not receiving any broadcast from DTV. I have an HR10-250 and the DTV rep says the receiver number specified in my system settings is one of the newer models, not an HR10-250. Is there a way to fix this?

The hard drive has absolutely no impact on the receiver ID. What "receiver number" is DIRECTV talking about? What is showing in your system settings. Something is off, and it should not have anything to do with the hard drive.

Comment

The message on the screen says "call customer service ext. 726" on the first line, and the 2nd line says "card=my access card, rcvr=0429 4967 2952".
      I talked to multiple customer service reps and they were confused because the receiver number in the message above, and on the system information screen, they say is for their newer receivers, not an HR10-250. They say the error is because of a card/receiver mismatch. The only thing that has been done to my receiver is the hard drive replacement.

Comment

Well, when you put your old drive in, what is your receiver ID? The receiver ID is also printed on the back of the unit. It comes from a chip on your motherboard, it does not (and can not) come from the hard drive.

Comment

I can't put the old drive in. It had failed, that's the reason for the new drive. I'll call DTV again.

Comment

OK - they should be able to straighten it out.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X