Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humax DRT400: Still problems after HDD change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax DRT400: Still problems after HDD change.

My Tivo was constantly rebooting. Would get to the "Almost There" screen and then just reboots. The RH light on the front turns red, then it reboots. It started doing this immediately after loading a DVD. After reading the forums at Tivo and here, I decided to buy a new HDD from WK. After installing it, I still have the same problem. Bleh. One thing I noticed is the HDD jumper on the new drive is in a different place than the old drive. I just figured it's supposed to be where it is, different drive and all. I don't want to chase the problem by installing a bunch of parts that I could just invest in a new box. Suggestions?

TIA

Edit: The DVD is still stuck in the player and I'd like to send it back to Netflix. What's the best way to get this out without damaging the unit? It won't come out during the power up.
    Last edited by russellmj; 08-26-2008, 08:25 PM.

You can try to get the DVD out this way:

Take a screwdriver, insert it slightly in the upper right or left hand corner, and GENTLY pull the front panel that has the "DVD" symbol on it towards you and downward. You will now see the actual DVD drive. If you look down to the right, under the drive, there is a long slender button. This is the drive's eject button. You can press it and the DVD drive will open as long as the power is on the TIVO.

That might actually solve your reboot problem too; it's worth a try.
    Last edited by WK-Jeff; 08-26-2008, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X