Toshiba DVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba DVR

For a couple of years our Toshiba has worked fine as a Tivo device but when we try to transfer stuff to a DVD it appears to"try" but eventually gives up and produces a coaster. This seem to be common- last time i looked there were many disgruntled owners with the same problem and ticked off at the lack of response from both Toshiba and Tivo. Will replacing the drive solveour problem?

Thx

That could be a bad burner or a bad hard drive. If it happens with all different shows, it's more likely to be a bad burner, and we do have replacements on our site.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thx Michael: I was assuming it was software as it looks as if things are going ok, but no progress happens - should i try a brner?

Tom

Comment

It's not likely software, but if you can stand to lose all of your recordings (which you would anyway if you replaced a hard drive), then you can try a 'clear and delete everything' in the system reset menu, which would install a fresh version of the software.

If the problem occurs with all of your shows and you can't get anything to burn, and if you know it's not a bad batch of DVDs, then yes, I'd try a new burner.

TiVo Replacement DVD Burner

Comment

Working...
        X