WD My DVR Expander with replacement drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WD My DVR Expander with replacement drive

Does anyone have experience with using their Western Digital My DVR EXpander with a Weeknees upgrade kit hardrive? Will it work? I know their expanders need to be married by them but does a tivo certified one?

If you have an internal drive larger than the original factory drive, then no external drive will marry automatically. If we get both drives (internal and external), then we can marry the two for you.

Comment

Jeff,

My DVR Expander went bad so I purchased a new one. Before it arrived, the internal drive decided it wanted to die (GSOD, continuous reboots). MSInfo implies "Volume Header Corrupt".

I ordered a 1 TB from you yesterday and have it installed, working, and currently downloading the Beta Software.

In order to use the new DVR Expander, I know that I have to marry the two drives and I'm all setup to do that with your ISO image, or with the MFSLive ISO and I've also got WinMFS installed on an XP, SP3 machine.

Is it OK for me to run MfsAdd on the two drives or is this going to screw things up? Isn't this the same software you use when people send you their external drives?

I'm comfortable with Linux as that is the software my Web Server runs on. Or I could use WinMFS since the cautions about using XP don't apply to Service Pack 3.

If you have any specific instructions, that would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Kenny

Comment

gapdev,

What exact TiVo model do you have?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Michael,

It's a TCD652160, TiVo HD

Thanks,

Kenny

Comment

I can't comment about any beta software working or not working, but WinMFS should do the trick for you.

Comment

>> WinMFS should do the trick for you.

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow after the Cable guy re-pairs the Cable Card (Yea, they have to roll a truck).

>> I can't comment about any beta software working or not working

Haven't had any serious problems with the Tivo Betas.

The new hard drive is working great!

Thanks much,

Kenny

Comment

Working...
              X