Error 51 and RCA DVR120

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 51 and RCA DVR120

I have a RCA DVR120 which had the original drive in it. While watching the Tivo it rebooted and then reported an error 51 with the message to reboot which I did. The hardware never completed the boot and the power light never came on but I hear the fan running. I ordered a replacement drive from Weaknees assuming that is the problem, but after putting in the replacement drive it still won't boot and I still don't have a power light but I can hear the fan running. Anyone have any ideas?

We'd recommend that you consider a power supply. I believe we emailed you this answer earlier, together with some additional information.

Comment

Thanks yeah I was on lunch break and I ended up emailing after I had posted this since I wasn't sure how much traffic the forums get or if I had even posted in the right place.

Hmm I will have to figure out my best bet. Is the power supply on the RCA model the same as the Hughes DVR 80? Because if so I have several extra machines lying around in storage.

Comment

Yes, they are compatible.

Comment

Thanks I will try that first, because if that works I can hopefully still get everything off my the original drive and then upgrade it after I watch everything.

Comment

Working...
          X