HELP!! toshiba RS-TX20 stuck in endless loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! toshiba RS-TX20 stuck in endless loop

I have an rs-tx20 that was acting funny (wasnt getting updated program info i forced the connection then got info then when searching prog. info. screen would freeze). so i did a clear prog.& to do list then it got stuck in a loop saying almost there with red HDD light flashing. it did this for 24+ hrs even after an unplug restart! then i followed the kickstart guide got it to take a 57 code,got the green screen&followed inst. now it's stuck going from there to power up,welcome,almost there,back to green screen. I tried to kickstart again it's taking the 54 code(orange lights go out) but still in greenscreen endless loop tried unplugging again&same loop!!! also got it to take a 101 code it called tivo then went back to green screen loop. any ideas? is the hard drive dead? THANKS FOR ANY IDEAS KEVIN

just wanted to let everbody know, i replaced the hard drive with a replacement from weaknees unit working fine now

Comment

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner. Glad it's working!
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have the same unit as kjames184 and my unit started freezing up and putting pixels on the screen the freezing again. I shut it off and unplugged it, and now it is stuck on the welcome screen. I have left if on for a day and still stuck.
        I'm thinking it may be hard drive related but I would like to get someone else's opinion.
        thank you

Comment

I'd recommend that you try a new hard drive.

Comment

very nice to know, thank you for your help. One last question, I paid for the lifetime membership for TIVO service, and I was told that it is only for that machine. So by replacing my hard drive, am I still able to use my lifetime subscription?
            thanks again

Comment

Yes - more specifically, the lifetime subscription is tied to the motherboard of the unit, and not the drive. So a drive change has no effect on the lifetime subscription.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X