Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR10-250 problems

I am in need of serious help.

I had a HR10 that seemed to have died in a thunderstorm. There was no power so I replaced the power supply but it didn't help and I was told that it probably was the motherboard. took my 2 500gb hard drives out.

So, I bought a new Hr10 off of Ebay. I didn't check to make sure the system worked but I stripped out the hard drive and put my two hard drives in. And, nothing happened. The hard drives spin up but I never get off the "Welcome" screen. So I put back in the original hard drive and the system started up once and gave me an error message about being overheated and stopped working. The hard drives are ones I expanded myself years ago and I pulled them and they seem to be working in the computer fine. Unless it is another bad power supply.

Any ideas would help.

Try moving the power supply from the old unit to the new one. The overheating message is typically the result of a bad power supply.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I moved the new power supply into the other machine and still no dice. Is it possible that the power supply that I ordered was bad?

Comment

For HR10s, they're brand new. Are you sure the white parlex cable was in completely?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          For HR10s, they're brand new. Are you sure the white parlex cable was in completely?

Yes.. tried that too

Comment

So do you get the overheating message in that unit, or what do you get?

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
              So do you get the overheating message in that unit, or what do you get?

The first time I got the overheating screen and I followed the instructions and unplugged it and then plugged it back in. It is stuck on the Welcome Screen. I swapped out the power supply and it is still stuck on the Welcome Screen.

Comment

So then you likely have a bad hard drive now. This isn't too surprising - whatever took out your power supply also took out your hard drive.

Replacements are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/hr10.php

Comment

Working...
                X