Unresponsive TCD24004A w/Lifetime Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unresponsive TCD24004A w/Lifetime Service

I recently went to use my Tivo and it was stuck on the "Powering Up - Almost There" screen. I unplugged it, waited a few minutes and then restarted it. I immediately heard a load beeping/search noise coming from the unit. That would continue for about 30 seconds and then stop. The fan was on and lights were lit but no noise, no picture. I read the forums and used the troubleshooting guide to deduce that I needed a new hard drive. That might have been a bad diagnosis, please read on.

The new hard drive arrived today. I installed it per the instructions and then tried to start the unit up. Nothing. I took it back apart and noticed that I had partially unseated the small ribbon cable that connects the Mboard to the lights. I reseated it and then put the unit back together. I restarted the unit and lights came on, the fan runs, but nothing on the screen. I don't see anything that says power up or anything else. However, I left it plugged in and left it alone for a while, after about 20/30 minutes I now see the yellow light under the green one flash when I press a button on the remote. I get the "gong" sound when I press nearly any command on the remote. Still no picture of any kind though.

That's where I am tonight. What should I try next?

Thank you,
    David
    Last edited by chiesad; 10-10-2008, 07:05 PM. Reason: Update to Conditions

Are you sure you have it connected to the TV properly? Are you watching the right input on your TV?

Comment

Working...
    X