Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Humax, Stuck on Welcome Powering up -Replaced HD no change

Hi all,
    A friend just gave me his old tivo which is sticking on Welcome! Powering up when powered up.
    Everything I've read suggested first check HD

Using an old HD I installed Instantcake for Humax DRT800 and installed it into the Tivo. On power up I got the Welcome screen followed 15 seconds later by a blank white screen.
    Further testing showed this spare HD was bad with lots of bad sectors...SO...

I bought a new HD installed Instantcake again checked all the IDE cables are seated ok, and I'm now yet again just getting the Welcome! Powering up screen.

I'd appreciate some tips on what I should try next.
    I have the Serial cable but will need to change the Male to a female connector if I am to use it, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use this anyway. Or should I be looking at the power supply? The fan, HD and lights all power up as expected so I'm really hoping it's not a dead MB.

Thanks for any input.

**--resolved--**

MORON ALERT!!!

Sorry guys after some head scratching and poking around, I realised that I still had the new HD set to MASTER, This conflicted I assume with the DVD ROM also set to master !

Changed the jumper to Cable Select, and the sucker booted right up!

Sorry to waste anyones time ;-)

Comment

My guess is that it was something else (bad connection) because it should work fine as master.

Comment

Really?
        I tried swapping the cables between the DVD ROM and the HD and that didn't make any difference.

I assumed that since the DVD was set to Master already that they were sharing the same channel?

It's still working so Hopefully it won't fail again!! ;-)

Comment

You can't swap the cables because the TiVo is looking for a drive in one place and a DVD on another. There are two separate IDE cables /connectors in the Humax, so master and cable select are the same.

Comment

Working...
          X