Noisy Sony SVR 3000 with replacement Weakknees HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Sony SVR 3000 with replacement Weakknees HD

I replaced the HD in this probably a little over a year ago and all has been well. The problem now is that something got very noisy. Hard to sleep, noisy. I read another thread that suggested stopping the fan through the grate to see if it was the fan but I don't see a fan through any of the grates on this. Any suggestions? Must sleep tonight.

You might want to open the unit and disconnect the fan from the motherboard and turn it back on for 30 seconds to see if the noise goes away...that will tell you if it's a fan.

Comment

I'll give that a try. Thanks

Comment

Noisy Fan - Sont SVR 3000

Unplugging the fan tells the story. Loud fan. Is there any way you would suggest to "quiet" the fan or does this require replacement? Thanks!

Comment

It pretty much requires a new fan. We have them:

TiVo Fan

Comment

Thanks, Jeff - it's on it's way.

Comment

wrong fan?

Wiring on new fan does not fit motherboard. Now what?

Comment

I saw a post about wiring the fan through the hard drive and that worked. Trouble is... the new fan sounds louder than the old one.

Comment

Try reseating the fan. The fan has to be in a very, very specific configuration in that unit to be quiet, with the rubber corners in the metal bracket in just the right way.
                  Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I tried reseating the fan. It makes noise even if you hold it above the bracket. The old fan is still quieter completely seated. Any other suggestions or should I replace the new fan?

Comment

Sounds like you should replace it. Email us and we can swap it out: [email protected].
                      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
                      X