Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Signal - Series 2

Hi:
    My Tivo (Series 2 - TCD130040) just started to not show live TV. It shows the 'no signal check connections' on screen. - I have verified that Sat receiver has good signal. (successfully tested by connecting straight to TV) The tivo is showing recorded shows, etc.. - No Errors are showing. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

You see a blue screen with the Tivo logo? What do you see when you try to play back recorded shows?

Comment

Hi:
      The recorded shows play back fine. - Just cannot see live TV. - Black screen and the tivo message "no signal". Did a hard boot and reset. It boots fine and shows the logo, etc.. no signal though..Thanks.

Comment

You should try redoing Guided Setup.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

HI:
          I re did setup routine. No luck. Still cannot see live tv. Just a black screen with the tivo overlay and message stating 'no signal'.
          Thanks.

Comment

Can you use a different input method? Like S-video or composite?

Comment

Hi:
              I tried both S video and Composite and re ran setup for each. No luck. Still only can see the recorded shows and not live TV. - Really strange.. Is there a way to test it somehow?

Comment

Update:
                I did a hard reset (pulled power -waited a few mins and plugged back in). Video came back for about 10 mins.. Then screen started to show 'lost signal' error message. -

Comment

I'm having the same problem

I'm having the same problem, and would like to know if you got this solved or if weaknees has any suggestions.

Live TV gives the "no signal" error message, and the TIVO can't record. Newly recorded shows just have a few seconds of black and then stop. Old recordings would still play. I've rebooted and gotten signal for a short time, but then the box cuts back to "no signal" after 10-20 minutes.

I have a Toshiba SDH400 with lifetime service.

Thanks.

Comment

We've been seeing that a bunch - it sounds like a video encoding chip on the motherboard has been starting to go out.

We'd recommend trying to redo Guided Setup to see if you get any relief.

Comment

Thanks. Is there anything that can be done to fix the chip? I'd hate to lose the lifetime service on this.

Comment

We have replacement parts for most units, but I don't think we have any more for the SD-H400. We'd recommend calling TiVo and asking if they'd be willing to move the lifetime service to the most-comparable available unit, which is the Humax DRT line:

http://www.weaknees.com/dvd-tivo.php

Comment

Working...
                        X