Adding a seconded tivo drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a seconded tivo drive

I have two tivo's 1: samsung SIR-s4220R with a Western Digital HR 120 GB. It no longer works but the HD is good)
    2: Hughes SD-DVR40 with a maxtor 3.5 series 40GB. I want to add the 120GB drive to from the Samsung to the Hughes that already has a 40GB. What do I do? Will I lost the data on the 40GB drive that is now in the Hughes unit? These are the drives I now have. I don’t want the expense of buying a new larger drive at this time since the two together will give me all the recording hrs I need. Thanks

You can add a 120gb to the 40gb without losing what's on the 40. For more information:

www.upgrade-instructions.com

Comment

I went the the instructions link and followed the differnt screens. After setting the options it tkaes me to another screen that says Please start in Step 1 for the proper instructions. No matter what options I chose it does the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Please tell us exactly what options you are choosing and we can try to replicate the problem.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

When I go to www.upgrade-instructions.com and fill out the info for hughes model sd-dvr40 it sends me to http://tivo.upgrade-instructions.com/step3.php From there when I click set options it sends my to page http://tivo.upgrade-instructions.com/step4.php which states "Please start in Step 1 for the proper instructions". I keep going round robin. Please help!

Comment

Here is some additonal Info. It does not matter what options I chose it does the same. I want now to just replace the 40 GB drive with the 120GB drive. Here are the options I choose

Options for your Replace upgrade for your Hughes SD-DVR40:

Do you want to make a backup: No (Saves your TiVo OS to a file on your PC drive for later use.)
            Do you have a FAT partition on your C drive: No (Most newer PCs have only an NTFS partition.)
            Are you using Windows XP or Windows 2000: Yes
            Save or disregard recordings: Save Ignore
            Are you moving this software from one TiVo to another: Yes No (First three digits of 15 digit TiVo Service Number MUST match.)
            Do you have TiVo OS 6.2 or later? Yes No I don't know I have the lastest software downloads for DirectV

Comment

Do you have cookies disabled in your browser?

What browser are you using?

Comment

I am not blocking Cookies. I am using windows explorer 7 on windows xp pack 3.

Comment

That's all working fine for us. Maybe try another browser.

Comment

I tried another browser and it worked. I don't know why IE& did not work. Thanks

Comment

How large a hard drive can I use in my TIVO?

Comment

Working...
                      X