Black Screen and "Searching for siganl on ........"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Screen and "Searching for siganl on ........"

When I go to Live TV, I have a black screen and am getting the message, "Searching for signal on: Basic Cable In. See messages and settings............." My unit is a Toshiba SD-H400.

I connected the cable directly into the TV to make sure that there is a cable signal, and there definitely is. I checked the wireless network connection and it is fine. I disconnected everything, reconnected and rebooted and still have the same message.

Any ideas?

Me Too

My toshiba is doing the same thing. Did you figure out the problem? Could it be the hard drive?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Assuming that your cable company did not change the signal, then your best bet is to get a cable box and avoid the coax input. sharono is still getting analog signals, since the cable signal works on his/her TV, but jimbrown didn't say.

Anyway, the SD-H400 is a real pain in the neck (and expensive) to repair. We can repair them, but getting a cable box is probably going to be a less expensive option.

Comment

Question

Thanks for your response. My cable TV signal works fine on everything except my SD-H400.

If I restart the machine a couple times it will usually get the cable signal and work fine for awhile. Then after awhile, the same thing happens. I lose the cable signal and have to restart it again.

Do you still think a cable box could help?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Sure - a cable box wouldn't use the coax input, so it bypasses the tuner. It could make the necessary difference easily.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Sounds exactly like my problem.

http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2744

I think I may have posted my thread in the wrong forum.

Not to be a downer, but mine does not function with or without a box. Look at my thread for more details. I hope to do the hard drive swap this weekend.
            Last edited by max4677; 01-22-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X