TIVO won't go past Welcome, powering up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIVO won't go past Welcome, powering up

I have a Hughes GBCEBOT TIVO That just stopped working correctly. Today I worked find in the AM then this after noon I turned it on, powered it up, and it wouldn’t go past the Welcome, powering up window. After a minute in that window, it blinks; get yellow for a second and starts all over. When it restarts, I noticed the power light go out for a second. My Question IS, Do I need a new unit, a hard dive, a power supply, or replace the little battery I saw inside when I dusted it while trying to recover it? It wasn't hot. Please any suggesting would be appreciated
    PS: I have seen other asking a simular questions, but couldn't find any answers, If the is one.

That's almost definitely a bad hard drive. The Welcome, Powering Up phase is where the TiVo is checking its hardware. After that, it goes on to read the software off the drive and truly boot. So it can't get the software, and it reboots to try again. A replace drive kit should fix it. See our GXCEBOT TiVo upgrade kit page.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X