HD10-250 Conected to 2 LNB system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD10-250 Conected to 2 LNB system

I’ve searched for an answer to this but didn’t find the exact setup.
    What I have now is two satellite Direct TV dishes one for Direct TV programming the other dish for local channels both are SD with 2 LNBs. The four leads from the LNBs go into a switch with two coming out going into the house.
    My neighbor has upgraded his system and what’s to know if I would like to buy his HR10-250. His system has 3 LNBs and as I said mine has 2.
    Can I hook up the HR10 to my system and get the full benefit of the HR10 DVR and still have my second receiver. I want to use the HR10 to receive and record SD DTV programming and HD OTA programming.
    Can I do this with the HR10 and what would I need?
    I would like to use this to bridge me to the new DTV TiVo that is due out later in the year when I can get a free HD update.
    Bill

Yes, the HR10-250 unit will get the same SD channels from your dish setup as your other unit and will also be able to get OTA HD. It just won't be able to get HD through the dish, as your dish setup doesn't support HD at all.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

OK, do I run the 2 leads entering the house from the dish into a multiswitch?
      I want to be able to use the 2 tuners in the HR10 for recording.

Comment

You need the two cables that come OUT of the multiswitch to go into the TiVo.

Comment

So if I understand what you are saying I will loose the use of the second receiver in the bedroom if I install the HR10.
          If that's the case don't want to do that. Is changing the 2 LNB dish to a 3LNB dish the only way to maintain the use of the bedroom receiver?
          Bill

Comment

You can get more than 2 lines from your dish by using a multiswitch. If you truly have a 2lnb dish with only 2 outputs, then you need a 3x4 multiswitch. See:

DIRECTV multiswitch

Comment

Jeff, I used the wrong nomenclature describing the LNB. the correct description is a duel LNB.
              I cut and pasted together an illustration of the hook I think you are talking about. I uploaded it as a JPG attachment, I don't know if that is the correct way of inserting an attachment or not.
              Let me know if you can view the attachment.
              Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

OK - for two dishes like that, you need a 4x4 multiswitch. We still have some - email us if you want to order one ($49):

[email protected]

Comment

Jeff - Michael, thanks for the help.
                  I'm in Florida for the winter so I had my daughter, who lives in Michigan, check the dishes at our Michigan home. She told me one of the dishes all ready has 4x4 multiswitch mounted on the pole, so I don't need to buy the 4x4 mutiswitch. But I'll have to run a third line into the house when I get back to Michigan in order to feed the second satellite input on the HR10.

I just received an e-mail from Direct TV that they need to upgrade my dish setup because they are moving the local channels off the 72.5° satellite.
                  So I'll just wait to see what I end up with.
                  Thanks
                  Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X