Directv HR10-250 - HDMI connection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv HR10-250 - HDMI connection problems

I finally got a TV that can take an HDMI connection but when I hooked my HR10-250 up the picture was horribly distorted. I was very worried because my son had let the TV box drop a couple feet off the back of the car and I was worried that my new 50" plasma had bricked ...but that was not the problem. After some investigation it turns out that the HDMI socket on the HR10-250 will not mate well with any cable. I of course swapped cables for ones that were working perfectly with my Blu-Ray player. When I hold the cable connector hard into the socket it works pretty well but when I let go sooner or later (seconds not minutes) the picture deteriorates again. Of course my wife was perfectly happy to let me sit on the floor holding it in while she watched her program LOL.

I've not opened the box yet, was wondering how hard it is to replace the connector in the box, what exact part to get, and where is the best place to get it? As long as it does not require soldering I can pretty much handle anything, and if it does I am sure I can find someone nearby who can do it.

Thanks in advance for all information and advice!

Roger

Somehow the first time I searched the forum for this issue I found nothing, since have found many articles about bad hdmi cards. I will pursue that.

Comment

Working...
    X