Hughes Series 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes Series 2

If I have TIVO on live TV tunned on a local channel and I have it set to record a show on a different channel, especially if it is a higher channel like say in the 200's, the tuner switches but then gives me the error message stating "Searching for signal in Satellite 2; See Messages & Settings/Troubleshooting for info." (on a black screen) I am able to reset TIVO and sometimes get it to work but lately it doesn't work. I also lost my folder download on my Playlist and can't seem to get that back. Do you think my hard drive is going or is it something else?

You might try switching the cables on SAT1 and SAT2 to see if the problem follows the cable. Also see:

TiVo Repair Troubleshooting Guide

Comment

I did do that and same problem occurs. From looking at the link that you sent on TIVO Repair Troubleshooting Guide it sounds more likely that it is a hard drive problem......am I correct in assuming?
      Thank you for taking the time to help.

Comment

So did the problem stay on the input, or not? Assuming it did, then, no, it's not likely a drive problem. We can do SAT tuner repairs - see here:

TiVo Satellite Tuner Repair
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

you are right......of course.........it's the second tuner that is bad. I will use the link that you sent to send in my TIVO for the tuner repair. Thank you very much for your time and patience!

Comment

No problem!
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X