Tivo Series 2 Add Second Drive won't Boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Series 2 Add Second Drive won't Boot

I have a Series 2 Tivo TCD649080 that is brand new. I purchased an "add a second drive" kit, followed the instructions closely, and now the TIVO does not boot. The initial screen comes up saying something like "starting up....", but then the screen goes completely grey and stays that way. There is a green light on the front of the TIVO.

My kit included a "power trip" device that I used, and I rechecked all of the IDE cables and everything is seated correctly. I would appreciate any suggestions on fixing this. The second drive being added is a Seagate 320 GB.

Had you ever used the TiVo before? If not, it may have shipped with older software. There were a few versions that couldn't take 'add' kits (maybe around 7.2.2). But if you have the unit running for a few days, it'll upgrade itself, and then you can install the kit.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Solved my own Problem

Hi:

Just wanted to say that I solved my own problem. It turns out that the second drive was sent to me with a jumper in place, which is not correct. Once I removed the jumper from the second drive, everything worked fine. I think Weaknees should be more careful, since their instructions specifically said that I do not need to touch any jumpers on the second drive.

Comment

OK - sorry for the mistake. Glad you got it running!
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X